Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No Class Friday and Other Updates

Class,

I am canceling class Friday in order to attend a funeral on short notice. We were scheduled to review Post 2. I want you all instead to contribute an additional blog post, and we’ll continue as scheduled Monday.

So, here it what you need to do:

-Post as scheduled Post 2 (the one comparing your news sources with those of your classmates and the ideas from our earlier readings) to your blog Thursday.

-Post on Friday a new post in which you analyze the blogs that you are following. We talked about this in class Wednesday. Your analysis might include attention to elements of the rhetorical situation (author, audience, purpose), Harris’s “coming to terms,” ideas of discourse communities, or whatever else you consider pertinent. Consider this a standard post with the 250-word minimum.

-Post as scheduled Post 3 (the one describing your experience reading The New York Times and following the blogs) to your blog Sunday.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I look forward to reading your posts and continuing this discussion online.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment